Latest Web News
You need not sacrifice your Windows for using Linux, in case you have Windows on your system and have to access Linux as well. You can easily create a dual boot system on your desktop or laptop. Dual boot system is the one in which you can have multiple operating systems being installed on the same hard drive. It is possible to make 3-4 operating systems to run on the same hard drive, such systems are called the multi boot system.
Partitioning the key consideration for multi boot system
There could be different combinations of the operating systems on single hard drive depending on your requirement and the storage capacity of the hard disk. It could be Linux and Windows XP on or two different versions of Windows such as XP 2003, Windows 2010. While you have decided to make your system the dual boot system the most important factor to be considered is the planning on how to utilize the hard disk space.
So, if here you have decided to put Linux and Windows on your system then while preparing your system for the dual booting you need to have at least 2 partitions on the hard disk on which you install the Windows and on the other one Linux.
Steps for making multi boot system having Linux and Windows
- Use hard drive with large memory so that each system has enough space.
- Install Windows in the first partition.
- Create single NTFS partition at the beginning of the drive using Windows bootable CD. The size of this partition should be 100GB, but if you are avid gamer then you need much more space to accommodate all the data.
- Once the installation is complete and all the necessary drivers installed create a partition for data to be shared.
- Now, boot the system using Linux CD and start the Linux installer. However, make sure that your hardware configuration support Linux.
- Right at the start of the process, the Linux installation process will ask you the place you want to install the operating system. This is the option that you need to select from the series of options available.
- During the installation process you will be prompted as to which partition to use for Linux installation. Create two, one for the root “/” and other one “swap”.
- Create the user “root” or “administrator” as well as “user” account and password for the mentioned users.
- If Linux installer recognizes the shared partition created say yes otherwise nothing to worry about it, as it can be linked later.
- The boot loader should be able to recognize both the operating system. You can make Windows or Linux as your default operating system and choose the time frame for how long the system should wait before it starts the default operating system.
So, keeping these steps in mind and you can have a dual boot system with Windows and Linux.
In the similar manner we can install more operating systems on single hard drive. You should take care while installing Windows vista with XP, as the partition will not be compatible. There are various utilities that will help you in makingVistainstallation along with XP on same system relatively easier.
Advantage of Multi boot system
Multi boot system is used in the cases where an application needs different operating system to be tested. Multi boot system makes it possible to use such application on same system.
I am Fenix Raw from ExamsKey Looking for Exams key exam assistance? Let’s take benefit of Exams key self-paced MCITP Certification Preparation Certification training material and pass your IT certification on first attempt with guaranty.
- No Related Posts
Domain verification for newbie has always been very tough when they need to verify there domain with Google apps or Google webmaster tools. Previously Google used to provide methods like meta-tag, DNS record etc. But for non-technical person this was quite a big learning curve. So now Google has made this process quite easy for all the domain users and can now verify there domain very easily.
Steps to Verify Domain:
Currently for verification for the below method you need to have domain registered with Go-Daddy or eNom.
First step is to login into Google Webmaster tool website and click on the Add Site and enter your domain which needs to verify.
After Clicking on Continue, you will be re-directed to the next page which will ask you to select to Domain provider. Select your Domain provider from the list and click on verify.
After clicking on verify, pop-up window will open which will re-directed to your Domain provider website for authentication. Login with your domain username and password and once you are successfully login, Google will ask for the permission for accessing your respective account.
After giving the access, you will be able to see your domain under verified list in Google webmaster tools.
Submitting your website to Google webmaster tools is very important, as it will help Google to crawl your website very easily and more effectively.
Please try the above method if you have domain registered using GoDaddy or eNom. For all the Domain users, Google is very soon going to come.
Please follow us @ Facebook.
With the successful launch of Google’s YouTube box office channel where one can watch the full length Bollywood movies, now Yahoo is also trying its luck in the Online movie business of India. With the introduction of MoviePlex, one can watch the full length Bollywood movies with online streaming.
Currently service is available only in India and since I am in Singapore so when I tried connecting it was not working. So I connected to my India’s PC through Logmein and it was working there. Unlike YouTube, Yahoo MoviePlex uses Flash for video player, so iPad user won’t able to watch it since iPad don’t support Flash.
After releasing its first tablet Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry is ready with its latest update. According to its blog, they have included variety of new features and enhancements.
Now user can save attachments directly to its SD card or to your BB internal flash memory. Also now Playbook supports Zip format as an email attachment. Other than this the have included Portrait support in Picture App and Pinch to Zoom in Video App. All the updates are free to download.
Source : Blackberry Blog
- No Related Posts