Posts tagged Android 2.3 Gingerbread
With Wikipedia currently protesting SOPA and PIPA anti-piracy bill, the largest online encyclopedia has officially launched its Android app in the Android Market, and which is of course free and comes up somes really essential features.
User can save article for reading it later, search for articles nearby, share articles with friends and can read article in multiple language. As a Wikipedia fan I was eagerly waiting for the Android app since I have Samsung Galaxy S2 with me. Wikipedia app is essential for Wikipedia fan and for those who has hunger for knowledge. Even though black out has affected the Wikipedia website but the Android app is out of it. It’s a must download app for Android user.
Download Wikipedia app for Android.
- Google releases Android 3.2 Platform and updated SDK tools
- New update for Google Chrome Android, password sync and Autofill
- Google Keep Service finally announced, Available in Android
- New version of Gmail released, Inline Notification replies and many more
- Download Firefox 16 Beta for Windows, OS X, Linux and Android
Google recently releases its Android 3.2 platform and its corresponding updated SDK, which adds several new capabilities and features for users and developers, according to its blog.
According to its blog, some of the features in Android 3.2 are :
Optimization for wider range of tablets.
Compatibility zoom for fixed-sized apps.
Media sync from SD card and
Extended screen support API.
You can read the complete information from here.
Download SDK tools.
HTC has broadcasted its new superphone to be launched against the prospective rivals and the name is HTC Sensation. In the earlier stages of development, the same was known by the name of HTC Pyramid, but has now gone official under the name of HTC Sensation.
A multimedia superphone with true widescreen qHD display, hi-fi audio, and immersive HTC experience l set a new multimedia high for smartphones, and thats what the HTC folks says about this multimedia superphone mobile device.
The HTC Sensation may look much similar that with HTC’s other phones, such as the HTC Desire S, but it really ramps up the flagship features:
- A 4.3-inch, 540 x 960 resolutions, touchscreen S-LCD with a unique contoured Gorilla Glass layer on top.
- A powerful 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor with Adreno 220 GPU and has 768MB of RAM.
- Running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- New version of HTC Sense UI(Version 3.0) featuring a new lockscreen, homescreen and notification screen and will also have the HTC Watch service, which allows users to download or rent full movies on their phone.
- 8 megapixel color camera with Auto focus and dual LED flash, Front camera: VGA fixed focus color camera & HD video recording: 1080p HD video recording
- Bluetooth® 3.0, 3G, GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi – IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Internal phone storage of 1 GB, RAM: 768 MB & Expansion slot: microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
- 1520 mAh Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Size : 126.1mm x 65.4mm x 11.3mm(4.96″ x 2.57″ x 0.44″) & Weight:
- 148 grams (5.22 ounces) with battery
HTC Sensation Promo Video -
HTC Sensation video demo –